Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunday Summary - Happy New Year!

Christmas week is always a whirlwind! This year it was almost an ice storm too! We were luckier than many families in Ontario, southeastern Quebec and the Maritimes who experienced a Christmas without power. Some are still waiting for repairs to bring light and heat back to their homes. Having "survived" the great Quebec ice storm of 1998 I sympathize with their plight. Although the storm in 98 was a terrible experience it at least had the decency to arrive after the holidays. I sincerely hope that the affected this holiday season were able to find warmth and food with family, friends, neighbours, or at shelters.

I remember another ice storm in that happened in the 60's. I was a kid and it was great fun! Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, grandparents and friends congregated at our house because we had the good fortune to have a fireplace. We, meaning the adults, cooked tons of food that would have otherwise spoilt directly on the fire and then we enjoyed our feast in front of the fire and camped out on the living room floor. School was cancelled for more than a week!

This year our family Christmas was a wonderful, crowded, three days of continuous eating, drinking, laughter and merriment. Parents, grandparents, great grandparent, children, grandchildren, friends and cats and dogs! One big fantastical zoo! I think the dishwasher is almost worn out and the fridge is still bursting with leftovers.

We may not be wealthy but we are fortunate. We have the love and warmth of family and friends! I feel blessed to have time to pursue my love of quilting and one quilt at a time, I am achieving my goal of making everyone cosy! The day our the power goes out everyone I know will have a cosy quilt to keep them warm!

Power or not, friends and families celebrating together is always special!

Happy New Year to all my quilty and non-quilty friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying