Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday Summary - The Big Reveal!

So you probably noticed that although I mentioned I was making 3 quilts for Christmas orders I only showed you the two cute baby quilts. They were ordered for Christmas gifts and from what I'm hearing will be loved and cherished by two little ones, Emma and Daniyal.

Couldn't show the other one because it was commissioned by my daughter-in-law for her mother's 65th birthday on December 31st and i didn't want to ruin the surprise.

Now that the big day has passed I can share some photos. This quilt was easy to make using a pattern called Spring Bouquet from the book Quick Method Quilts Galore. The pattern was easy to follow even though I didn't have the special tool called the Companion Angle. The tropical colours chosen by my client were fun to play with especially in December.


Leaf Quilting on the borders and flowers in the blocks

Adding the binding

Stella's quality control session

Ready to pack up.

The unveiling

And the happy recipient! Happy Birthday Nicole! 
                  Bonne fete Nicole!


This week's project? FIVE, count em, FIVE cat quilts! Orders from my etsy clients www.etsy.com/shop/pieceandtranquilty






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying