Saturday 16 November 2013

My New Baby

If you read my blog you know I've been looking for a new machine. I looked at several and tried them out. They're all great and have plenty of neat options and beautiful embroidery stitches. Price range for a machine geared to quilting with my requirements (needle threader, thread cutter, knee lifter) varied from $1800  - $4500! And I'm sure there are more expensive ones too.

I mentioned to my dealer that I really only piece and free motion quilt and that a heavy duty machine would be a good choice for my needs. He showed me the Baby Lock Jane. Wow! 1500 stitches per minute. Straight and free motion sewing only. Needle threader, automatic tie off and cutter. Knee presser foot lifter and all feet included. And the price? Less than all the others.

Hmmm, my Bernina still works well enough for those occasions where I'll need zigzag or embroidery stitches....perfect!

I'm unpacking it this morning and will give it a spin today and tomorrow. I should have a review ready for my next Sunday Summary.

At 1500 stitches per minute, I should be able to rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying