Sunday 17 November 2013

Sunday Summary November 17th

This was a a great week! Felt so productive compared to last week. I got four completed orders into the mail. I know that one already arrived in the UK. The others should arrive at their destinations shortly.

I also completed or worked on:

Two extra large (26 x 42 inch) cat quilts got finished with cozy flannel backings for a cat rescue in Albany NY. I liked them so much I posted a custom order listing on Etsy. They'd make great multi-cat quilts or back of the couch savers. Friends of ours have graciously offered to drop these off at the shelter on their way through NY state next week. Soon rescue kitties will be snuggling up on these cozy quilts! Warms my heart and hopefully theirs as well.

















A Christmas cozy cat quilt got finished and posted on my Etsy site: www.etsy.com/shop/pieceandtranquitly.

After all, kitties need Christmas gifts too! 

My quilt guild is having a Christmas Party tomorrow and with a pincushion exchange. I made this one that I found instructions for this over the arm of your chair pincushion (a bit hard to see, its better on the website), on Pinterest at this link: http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/3/30/dainty-blossoms-couch-pincushion/



And at the meeting tomorrow we'll have our Celtic Quilt Challenge. Remember this one that I got ready for September because I thought it was due then? 





















                                                                                   I worked on this quilt for our massage therapist. She was looking for something for her massage table and I know she likes African music and themes. She has a humongous painting of zebras!

I hope to get it basted and under the needle for quilting next week. Maybe it'll be back as completed on next week's summary. Who knows.
















And, best of all, I bought a new high speed sewing machine! A Babylock "Jane". I think Jane will help the coming week be even more productive! Once I get used to "her" I will post a review but so far she is fabulous!

Phew, now that was a great week!!! Hope yours was too. I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying