Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday Summary - It's Sunday Again Already?

Who sped up time? Can't believe it's Sunday again already!

This week the cat quilts were delivered to the rescue in Albany NY by good cat loving friends. If you live in Albany these look like adorable adoptees!




                                     And the challenge quilt was shown and admired by my guild buddies.  I didn't win the drawing but that's ok, I have a great wallhanging to enjoy and the Fabricville contest is coming up soon!














I finished the quilt top for our massage therapist Nancy and was fortunate to have access to 3 large tables at the local seniors club so that I could get it basted along with another very special quilt for a very special birthday boy. The birthday boy doesn't read my blog so I can share a pic of his quilt which I managed to machine quilt in a day and the binding is on and almost finished. Should be completed tonight. It's a lap quilt so it went quickly


















Now on to Nancy's quilt. It's a big one and I'd really like to get it done before Thursday.
I started quilting it today and it's going well so far. Here's a peek:We're going away for this coming weekend so I'll be shopping for new fabric for a commissioned quilt, a flowery queen size. It needs to be ready for Dec 31st so i better get my act together fast!.And I have an order for a baby quilt with monkeys! What quilter doesn't love fabric shopping! If you know of a line of monkey fabric in earth tones Id love to hear about it.

So, to summarize; we have happy cats, a birthday gift, free massages (I hope!) and new projects to get busy with.

Sounds like the beginning of another great week. Tell me about your projects. I'd love to hear them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read our comments about my blogs and look forward to replying